The A Court of Thorns and Roses books by Sarah J. Maas are some of her most popular novels. There are a few names that can instantaneously rile up the online book community, and Maas has absolutely created characters who can do just that.
A Court of Thorns and Roses in Publication Order
A Court of Thorns and Roses is very loosely a fairytale retelling, although the series and world has grown to encompass much more than those initial retellings elements.
The series begins with nineteen-year-old Feyre who is pulled into a magical land of lethal faeries as retribution for her actions. Her captor, Tamlin, is one such immortal faerie and Feyre must reconcile her growing feelings for him with everything she’s ever understood about the Fae.
3.5 A Court of Frost and Starlight (2018)
4. A Court of Silver Flames (2021)
5. Untitled Book 2 (TBA)
6. Untitled Book 3 (TBA)
7. Untitled Novella (TBA)
ACOTAR Books in Chronological Order
Below is a list of books that are necessary to follow the full A Court of Thorns and Roses timeline, including crossover books.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR 1)
- A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR 2)
- A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR 3)
- A Court of Frost and Starlight (Novella)
- A Court of Silver Flames (ACOTAR 4)
- House of Sky and Breath (Crescent City 2)
- House of Flame and Shadow (Crescent City 3)
- Untitled ACOTAR #5
- Untitled ACOTAR #6
- Untitled ACOTAR #6.5
You can learn more about how A Court of Thorns and Roses fits into the rest of SJM’s books on our dedicated Sarah J. Maas Books in Order page.